Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Southwestern Black Bean Salad




So I have to say I've had and seen quite a few different versions of this salad/salsa. I decided to tweek it a bit and it turned out lovely. I didn't add tomatoes because I also made fresh salsa to serve with it. And a plug for my cousins food blog which is wonderful! It's http://ahintofhoney.blogspot.com/ She has a similar salad/salsa on her site using cherry tomatoes.


Recipe:
1-2 Roasted Red Peppers
1-2 avocados
2-3 ears of corn (steamed and cut off cobbs)
1 can black beans rinsed
1/2 purple onion diced
1-2 limes juiced
1 tsp. cumin
chopped cilantro to taste
sea salt and pepper to taste


Just combine all ingredients and serve with tortilla chips, over some romaine, in a tortialla or plain is great too. To roast your red peppers all you do is wash them, cut the tops off, scoop out the insides, cut them in half, kind of smash them down. Place on a baking sheet with skins up, flesh down and broil. You want them nice and black on the outside. As soon as you remove them from the oven place them in a plastic bag and seal it. Let them rest for about 10 minutes and then the skins will just peel off and slice. I love roasted red peppers!!! You can also do them on the grill--just place the skins on the grill and blacken them--don't turn them though.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers